Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Breakfast Cookies

I found this really awesome recipe via Beth Ann of Genuine Beauty, which originally comes from the blog Blueberry Girl.

I loved it!

Below I have included a copy of the recipe, along with my edits. Hope you enjoy!


No Sugar (well almost none) Oat Drops

1 1/2 cups regular rolled oats
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 cup of almond meal
1/2 cup mixed nuts,finely chopped(
I didn’t put these in)
1 cup dried fruit(
I used white chocolate chips and craisins. Raisins and chocolate would be good too. I didn’t do exact measurements, about  ¾ fruit to chocolate ratio is goodJ)

3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. 

In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, almond meal, mixed nuts and coconut flakes. Stir in allspice and cinnamon. Add dried fruit and stir until well and evenly mixed. Make sure the dried fruit do not stick together in big batches.
In another bowl, combine canola oil, mashed banana and vanilla extract. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until well combined. 

Take a large cookie cutter and press spoonfuls of the batter into it. Remove cookie cutter. (
I just used a large cookie dough scoop. They don’t expand. The size it is before you bake it is what you get.)  Bake for about 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.

I wrapped mine in wax paper and froze them flat in a freezer bag. Warm for 30-40 seconds and instant breakfast!

Yield- About 17

Lots of ♥,

Rapunzel 


2 comments:

  1. Oh yum I can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe looks really good. Can't wait for the taste. You should make me some.

    ReplyDelete